Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"Do you think your some kind of Stepford Wife or something?"

While speaking to a group of people recently about my beliefs on marriage & the roles of husband & wife someone asked me "so...what? do you think you're some kind of stepford wife or something?" I stopped talking for a moment & thought. Then, told them that I did not think that & that I believed that was a stereotype of stay-at-home wives & mothers that society has put in our minds. If a woman is happy at home & loves cooking, honoring her husband & keeping her home beautiful, she must be some kind of mindless robot. I let them know that I was certainly no robot! I had feelings, opinions of my own & I was intelligent & educated. That I believe in Gods word & the plan he set out for marriage. I told them that I was not a Stepford Wife...but rather a Proverbs 31 Wife. And that if they had a problem with how I conduct myself in my marriage, then their problem didn't lie with me, but with God.

That person didn't have much to say after that. Women who stay at home & are happy there, should not let others make them believe that they are less than "working" wives (quotes because a stay at home wife/mother work PLENTY!). I have felt before that I wasn't contributing like I should...I started praying about it, & asking God was He thought I should do. I started reading my Bible & I re-read Proverbs 31 & remembered that this is Gods plan. We are a shining light of traditional values in a dark world. And if my belief wasn't rooted in the Lord, then thats all they would be, traditions of another time. However, this is the blueprint that God has set out for marriage. If you walk with the King & follow his instructions, your marriaage will be blessed!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment